Responsible to: Assistant Principal
Position: Term Time & 2 weeks (40 hours per week)
To plan and deliver a high-quality curriculum offer that clearly meets our learners every need.
To identity, development and implement education interventions/support strategies enabling all learners to achieve their full potential.
To ensure the school meets all learners needs outlined in their EHCP and support progression back into mainstream education or further education whenever possible.
Main Responsibilities – General
- To liaise effectively with teaching colleagues in relation to shared responsibilities
- To ensure all educational resources are prepared in line with key dates set by the school.
- To keep meet all key performance tracking dates linked to the curriculum and the academic year.
- Undertake relevant training, safeguarding, “team teach” and any other training need that is identified by your line manager.
- Transportation of learners to varying destinations in line with the curriculum delivery and health & safety procedures.
- Strict adherence to the Transporting of Learners Policy.
- Identifying the needs of learners and barriers to learning; and supporting their additional needs to enhance achievement.
- Accompanying students on offsite trips and educational visits, evaluating and assessing each student’s performance against set learning objectives.
- Completing learner daily logs for each learner within classroom group when learning supports are not available.
- Undertake relevant training in safeguarding, follow ALL safeguarding updates. Conform to all requirements imposed by the school in relation to safeguarding. Follow strict CPOMS reporting procedures.
- To regularly monitor, review and evaluate the safety, well-being and education of students in the school .
- To attend staff meetings within the agreed periods of directed time. To undertake any other duties and responsibilities in relation to your role.
- To undertake a minimum of 30 hours CPD yearly in line with management targets set at appraisals and update CPD log accordingly.
- Acting within the professional codes of practice particularly in relation to conduct and respect to other team members.
- Monitoring punctuality and attendance of your learners within your tutor group.
- Maintain an appropriate use of social media in line with company policy.
- Read and understand the company handbook.
- Read and understand the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ policy document.
Main Responsibilities – Specific
- To design high quality SOWs related to the school long term curriculum plan as part of our curriculum development team.
- To be responsible for the upkeep, presentation and suitability of your given classroom.
- To design and deliver high quality lesson plans to engage and meet all learners’ needs within your classroom.
- To work with learners within a classroom environment, and where needed on a one to one
- To assess and feedback on learner work produced in line with School Marking policy in a timely manner.
- Incident reporting to be logged on CPOMS within correct time parameters identifying key points and with supporting documentation complete.
- Ensure deadlines are met throughout the school , understand and follow all policies and procedures throughout the school .
- To implement and monitor the schools stepping stones tool/programme.
- To learn and implement the school’s phonics programme when identified for a specific learner.
- To create specific educational interventions to support educational progression within your classroom and across the school.
- Monitor, implement, and inform the development of learners EHCP and shape their outcomes within them.